A place where nature abounds and adventure is around every corner...
- Grayson Highlands State Park The Grayson Highlands, with mountain meadows and rocky terrain often ensconced in thick fog, are reminiscent of the Scottish moors and uplands. Wild ponies wander throughout the area, which is laced with hiking trails. The State Park entrance is only a few miles from Highland Hideaways.
- The Virginia Creeper Trail The Virginia Creeper is a National Recreation Trail connecting Abingdon, VA, with the Virginia-North Carolina state line approximately one mile east of Whitetop Station, VA. Hikers, Cyclists, and Equestrians will find its 33.4 miles pass through some of the most rugged and picturesque country in the Eastern United States.
- The New River Considered the second oldest river in the world, the New River is anything but NEW. The New begins its journey through Virginia in Grayson County, southeast of Mouth of Wilson. The New River is one of the few rivers in North America to flow south to north, and the only river to cut through the entire width of the Appalachian Mountains.
- Wilson Creek and Fishing A designated stocked trout water, Wilson Creek runs along our property. It is surrounded by Mountain Laurel, Rhododendron, mature hardwoods and large rock outcroppings.
- Mount Rogers NRA Mount Rogers National Recreation Area contains some of Virginia's highest mountains, including the tallest, Mount Rogers, at 5,729 feet. Wild rhododendrons fill the forest with purple and white blooms in mid-June and wild blueberries abound in August.
- Grayson County, Virginia Nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Grayson County is a popular destination spot to beat the heat and relax with family and friends! Highland Hideaways is located on the western part of the county near the North Carolina state line.